The Ontario Trillium Benefit is a combination of three credits that can assist in paying for energy cost, along with sales and property tax. To be eligible for OTB, you must qualify for one of the three credits it combines; the Northern Ontario Energy Credit, Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit or the Ontario Sales Tax Credit. You do not need to qualify for all credits, just one. However, there are certain requirements that are required for all three, such as being 18-19 years of age or older, as well as being or previously being married or in a common-law relationship. If you want to know which benefit you may qualify for to receive the OTB, Dely & Associates can help you.
The Child Tax Benefit is a tax-free monthly payment that gives financial assistance to applicable families with children under 18. The child disability benefit may be included if also applicable. Applicants of the benefit must be the primary caregiver of the child, and a citizen of Canada. They must also fit at least one of the following criteria:
- a Canadian citizen
- a permanent resident
- a protected person
- a temporary resident who has lived in Canada for the previous 18 months, and who has a valid permit in the 19th month
- an Indigenous person who meets the definition of “Indian” under the Indian Act
If you fit under any of this criteria and need help showing documents to successfully apply to these benefits, Dely & Associates can assist you.
Why hire Dely & Associates?
Need help with accounting services for your business? Let the experts at Dely & Associates help you.
- To eliminate errors while saving you time, money, and stress.
- To assist with all finance-related work.
- To retain a trustworthy source of support.
- To help you make better business decisions.
- To give you guidance while planning for the future.
- To save you tax.
- To help you avoid audits.
- To facilitate CRA compliance.